Thursday, March 27, 2008

Wishlist books

There are two books I will be adding to my wishlist. The first one is "Fight Global Warming" by Bill Mckibben. He will be giving a talk and signing copies at Changing Hands Bookstore on Tuesday,
March 25th. Unfortunately I work that evening, but would have loved to go. The other book I am wishing for is "The Bridge At The End Of The World", by James Gustave Speth. He is a cofounder of the National Resources Defence Council and is being featured on the Diane Rehm show today, on NPR. He is making the point that unless extensive legislation is created to reduce geen house gas emissions, the small changes we are making will simply not be enough. Can't wait to read the book!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I've heard so many good things about Changing Hands Bookstore. We ought to go together sometime!

Mo said...

We can go anytime you wish! I don't need many excuses to go there. Can't wait. Maybe that can be our next girls outing minus the kids?