Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Baking Day

I usually bake, (or attempt to), on Fridays. I recently decided not to buy any store bought sweet stuff anymore, (not that we bought much anyway), with the goal of saving packaging, money, and learning new recipes. I also remember my Mum baking a lot when I was little. It brings back nice memories and I would like for my own girls to have some of those as well.

I didn't bake last Friday and we have been running very low on sweet edibles in our house. So today my girls and I baked some Chocolate Brownies. I have never made these before, but was feeling quite brave, so away we went.

I used a recipe from Nigella Lawson's "How to Be a Domestic Goddess". It did require rather a lot of butter and chocolate, so not cheap, but I think it turned out rather well even though I do say so myself. Everyone here seems to approve wholeheartedly. Here are some pics of the process, and the end result.





YUM! Tomorrow if I am still feeling brave, I will try again to make some bread with that not so fool proof piece of machinery, (for me at least), the bread machine. Fingers crossed everyone!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Claira saw K and E's pics and said "I want ah go to her house." Oh, and she's enjoyed looking at your brownie pics. She's probably a bit jealous as I haven't made anything sweet in ages!

Mo said...

Well of course you are all welcome to come round anytime you like! x

bodaat said...

Oh my goodness - how they have grown so much!! I can't wait to see them again. Oh wait, I don't think I've even see little E!!

Mo said...

I think you did come round once to see her but it has bee waaaay too long! Can't wait to see you soon!