Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Eat My Words


Was it not me who proclaimed just three days ago "I have had no desire at all to go and browse the shops and I have realized that the reason for this is because we already have everything we need, and more!" Well apparently I need to eat my words because I broke my pledge TWICE the past couple of days!

I went to Trader Joes to pick up a few groceries and saw this very cute plant in the equally cute pot, and just had to buy it. It was as if I had no pledge I wanted that plant so much! Perhaps the plant could squeeze through and pass, but the pot certainly can't. It is an amazing plant though isn't it?


I also decided I wanted to play around on the old drum kit and when I went to find some sticks, I couldn't find any that matched, or were intact. So, of course I needed to buy some more, and of course I got new ones because buying second hand drum sticks rather defeats the object of buying them at all.

I pledge to do better from now on, and to not be nearly as smug as I was a few days ago!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Don't feel too guilty. I'm sure 95% of compacters break their pledge a time or two.

What is the saying? "Let she who has not broken a compact pledge cast the first stone"...

...or something like that.

Mo said...

Ha ha Amy! Thanks, I feel much better now! :)

Titania said...

Hi Mo, I think your cute plant is a Kalanchoe thyrisflora;
"Flapjack". the flaps will grow much bigger and it is really a great plant. Well, Mo, you bought a plant and there are many positive thinks about plants!

Mo said...

Thanks Titania for the encouragement! I have to say I'm not great with succulents so we shall see how it goes. For now though my guilty pleasure looks lovely.

bodaat said...

haha - succulents are the ones I can actually keep alive!!

leaner said...

Nothing like our own smugness to kick us in the butt, huh?