Thursday, August 21, 2008

Oops Again!


K has been sick, really sick, so much so that I, who usually doesn't get easily panicked by my children and illness, rushed her off to the Dr yesterday. She needed to go, and I am glad we went because she is already feeling, and acting much better today.

On the way back from the Dr's office we stopped off at a well known pharmacy chain to collect her prescriptions. There was a very long wait, K was so sick, and E was getting rambunctious, and in a moment of major weakness I agreed to buy them both something small to keep them occupied. (This is totally out of character for me, I VERY rarely buy them random gifts when we are out and about. It is just not something I do). K predictably chose a princess coloring set, and E chose some little doggies, and they were both so surprised, and so happy, that I also felt a bit happy too. It wasn't that I had forgotten my pledge, rather that I had conveniently filed it away in the back of my mind for a little while.

So, there it is, I did it again, made two completely unnecessary new purchases against the rules of my pledge. The girls are still happily playing with their new toys today though, and that makes me feel like they do really appreciate the things that they have, and that is good I think.

Oh, and I almost forgot, we ate at Sweet Tomatoes after we had been to the museum last Sunday. Another pledge breakage I am afraid. This compacting business is harder than I thought it would be!

7 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sure pledges are made to be broken in circumstances such as those...don't beat yourself up about it too much.

You were being a good mommy (and thoughtful customer -- I'm certain the staff and patrons of the store were happy to have content children sitting around waiting for their Rx rather than fussy, irritable, or impatient ones!).

Mo said...

That is SO you Amy! Always thinking of ways to make me feel better. :):) Thank you my dear friend! x

sugarcreekstuff said...

Making giant commitments is hard, baby steps are what get the ball rolling. Don't focus on the slips, the steps forward are what is important.
I give you props for even taking on a challenge like that. Not me, not sir.

Mo said...

Thanks for the encouragement Sugarcreekstuff! :)

Titania said...

Mo, I think it is lovely what you did. The children don't seem to be spoilt to bits, so they really were surprised and happy to receive
something out of the blue. Don't feel too bad if you have to break the rules sometimes!

Titania said...

Mo, thank you for your comment. The flapjack might be ailing because it is inside. Move it where it is protected from rain but still your sunniest spot. This is a plant from South Africa. It grows in a dry area.I think it could be too wet. There is one rule to succulents, they generally don't die from dryness but they drown. You can really see when a succulent needs water it gets
soft and looses its water in the leaves. Do not water it that often, even if the soil seems to be dry. This plant has enough water stored in its leaves and stem to survive a long time. I hope this helps you.

Mo said...

Thanks Titania! I will do as you suggest. :)