Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Quirk Factor MeMe

Leaner over at Three Snakes and a Rooster tagged me for the Quirk factor MeMe

The Rules
* Link to the person who tagged you.
* Mention the rules.
* Tell six quirky, yet boring, unspectacular details about yourself.
* Tag six other bloggers by linking to them.
* Go to each person’s blog and leave a comment to let them know that they’ve been tagged.

I can wiggle my ears
I have never, not once in my life painted my toe nails
I always have to finish any book I am reading, even if I absolutely hate it, or find it very boring
I get very upset to the point of tears if I see a dead cat/dog/deer/bear etc on, or at the side of the road
I hate being late and will always try to be on time, which means that I am usually early and have to wander around to try and waste some time
I can't bear shopping malls and will avoid them at all cost

I am tagging The Browns Go Green, Farmer Julie, Extraordinarily Unextraordinary, Loose And Leafy, Blue Fox Garden, and BODAAT.

7 comments:

leaner said...

I get really upset when I see dead animals on the side of the road, too.

Sometimes I will put a book away if I hate it or just don't get into it, but usually I go back to it evenutally. There is one exception, I have been trying to read this one book for ten years- its called "The Fuzzies" (I think- I got it from a library sale a long time ago- or maybe from when my mom worked at the library?) I just can't finish it, and its not a bad story either...

leaner said...

http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/p/h-beam-piper/little-fuzzy.htm

Its this book, I think.

Mo said...

Never heard of that book but now I am intrigued!

bodaat said...

August 30th - I want to see your ears dance.

Mo said...

Ha Ha! Yes and all of my other party tricks! :)

leaner said...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/monthwithoutplastic/

Have you read this? Pretty interesting. I am not quite ready to give up my bin liners, but I did make some really nice produce bags out of tulle, and have been using cloth grocery bags for 6 months.

Mo said...

Thanks Leaner, that is very interesting! I will continue reading this as it is updated. I have often thought about how difficult it would be to really live without plastic.

I am thinking about trying to make some mesh produce bags, but I am horrible at sewing, (don't have a machine which is just as well), and I still use the plastic bags for picking up our doggy poop. They get used a lot with four dogs! Using Bountiful Baskets will cut down some more on the amount of produce bags I get so that hopefully we will have just enough for the poop.

I am so happy that more and more people are using reuseable grocery bags. I see them often. It wasn't too long ago that I got strange looks from checkout clerks when I brought my own. Now it is (almost), the norm with a lot of the large grocery chains selling their own reuseable bags. Great stuff! :)