Saturday, August 23, 2008

A Tribute To Talent

I have been thinking a lot recently about the amazing creative talent and productivity that surrounds me within the various blogs that I love to read frequently.

In a world where it is all too easy to buy any "thing", or pay for any service one desires, it is very inspiring for me to see what others are creating with their own home made talent, and hard work.

People like Amy with her amazing cake, Leaner with her gorgeous sewing, Esther with her original and inspired pastels and prose, Titania with her stunning garden, and endless knowledge of plants, Sugarcreekstuff with her breathtaking needlework, Midlife Midwife, and Rachel, both with the most amazing and productive urban farms, Thomas with his clucky urban chickens, Lisa with her beautiful hummingbird garden, and BODAAT with her witty and funny view of the world.

If you haven't checked out some of these blogs I strongly encourage you to do so. You will see some very great things!

And for all of you fellow bloggers, this is a tribute to you, and all that you do. Thank you, and please keep on posting because I very much love what you do!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I don't know if I'd go so far as to call the cake "amazing" but thanks for the compliment.

You also have a very special talent.......photography!

You thought I was going to say gardening, didn't you. Yes, you do have a green thumb, one I admire very much, but you have an eye with the camera.

When I'm trying to catch a moment, I always try to think about how you would take the shot. The angles. The lines. The unique perspective that brings out the best in the subject.

I've got a long way to go before I start seeing the world through your photographic eye, and the more pics you post the more I will learn! So keep them coming!

leaner said...

*Blushing* Thanks for this.
I totally enjoy your blog, too!
I love reading Midlife Midwife! She is amazing. I actually contributed to her Birth Project Zine this last time.

If you ever feel the need for some Leaner Sewed goods, let me know. I need projects!

Mo said...

We should all start some sort of mutual appreciation society here or something!

leaner, I will certainly have you in mind as my first choice for handmade "local" needlework! I could pop by for a cup of tea when I collect it as well! :)

sugarcreekstuff said...

You are so nice!

bodaat said...

Thanks for the mention! Although I sometimes yearn for my blog to have a focus of some sort, I kind of enjoy writing about what might be inspiring at the time or 'blog-worthy'. I'm glad that I have some readers! And ps - I check your blog every day. It's on my favorites list. :)

Mo said...

It does have a focus- BODAAT! :) I love reading your musings on life as well. So glad you are back. x