Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Garden Stuff

I have the next batch of seeds ready for sowing over the next few days. This time I will be sowing carrots, cauliflower, broccoli, and radish.


Despite my unnecessary pessimism, the seeds I sowed a few weeks back have sprouted and are growing rapidly.

We have cucumbers


Two kinds of zucchini



And snap beans


The corn didn't do well. It grew and then I think the birds were getting it because I kept finding it strewn all over the garden. I may plant some more, or perhaps just concentrate on my next planting. I don't want to try to do too much for my first fall season.

K's melon plant is growing well. I need to plant it out, although it is completely the wrong time of year for melons. It seems to be loving the rain and humidity we have been having though.



I also have a sturdy basil plant that is still going strong despite me having taken many leaves from it for pesto. I think there is at least one more crop left. Basil seems to love our desert summer heat.


A beautiful Brittlebush which is a native here in the Sonoran desert, has self seeded and is growing fast. I love it when this happens, what could be easier?


I think our little garden is coming together slowly. Still more work to do but I am loving it.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Wow! That looks great! Totally different from the last time I saw your garden retreat. Sounds as if you will be enjoying your first batch of fall veggies pretty soon. : )

sugarcreekstuff said...

Your plants look great and that garden is beautiful. I have yet to have a succesful corn crop.

Mo said...

Thanks both of you! It is getting there slowly. I think the corn may have to wait for now while I concentrate on other things. I have a feeling I will have plenty to do already! :)

Lucy Corrander said...

I think I know your secret - you only grow seeds which arrive in good looking packets.

Lucy
PICTURES JUST PICTURES

Mo said...

You've got me Lucy! Good to see you back, I have missed you! :)