Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Birthday Kendra!


Today is Kendra's birthday. I look at this picture and my eyes still fill up with tears as I think about how amazing that day really was. It was at that time the best day of my life. Since then I have been fortunate enough to have another "best day", the day that Emmie was born.

I was in labor for a long time with Kendra, I really was. So it was after more than seventy hours of labor that Kendra entered this world at 11.44 on Monday, October 13th, 2003. I can still remember exactly the way I felt when I first saw her, and the incredible high that followed. It was a high that completely took away the total exhaustion I was feeling, and replaced it with joy. I remember so well that night being unable to sleep as I lay gazing at my beautiful baby, the most perfect gift imagineable.

I can't believe how quickly these five years have passed. And as they have, and as Kendra has grown up from a little baby to a perfect, sweet, smart, kind, and sensitive little girl I feel very lucky.

Happy birthday my sweet Kendra. Thank you for everything that you are! I love you more than you can ever know.

MaMa. xxxxx

5 comments:

bodaat said...

You know how to make a grown woman tear up! What a beautiful post - thank you so much for sharing that with us. Both of your girls are so precious and beautiful. You are indeed very blessed!

Esther Montgomery said...

Hurray!

Esther

Amy said...

What a sweet entry. You are such a great mother!

Kendra, obviously, has gotten a lot bigger but you haven't aged a bit!

sugarcreekstuff said...

Happy Birthday Kendra!
What a sweet little pink bundle you have in that picture.

Titania said...

This is such a wonderful, happy picture of you with your tiny new born daughter. Many happy returns to Kendra.