Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!


Today is my Dad's birthday. We aren't able to get together as much as we would like because he lives in Greece, and we live here, but we chat often, and will hopefully get together next spring.

My Dad is the person in our family who nurtured my love for the outdoors, nature, trees, plants, gardening, and hiking, and we spent many hours of my childhood doing these things together.

Dad was last here four years ago during which time we went on a day hike up to Payson. It was a cold but bright day, perfect for a hike, and we had such a great time.


Dad, I hope that you have a wonderful birthday. I love you and I miss you, and I can't wait to see you very soon!

4 comments:

Amy said...

I know I have never met him before, but please extend my birthday greetings to "Mr. Green" for me next time you talk to him. Or when you see him.....that's coming up soon, isn't it?

Amy said...

I just took a second look at the picture of you and your dad.....I forgot what you looked like with short hair. Cute! Wish I could get away with a hairstyle like that.

Amy said...

Second comment of the day.....has your dad ever played Kris Kringle? He'd make a great Santa with that kind, sweet face and white beard!

Mo said...

No, he never has though you are right, those pictures do make him look "Kringley"!

I think you would look great with a smart, short, haircut Amy. I used to like it though it required a lot of frequent cuts to keep it short, and I am way too frugal and mean to do that these days I am afraid. :)