Sunday, January 4, 2009

Las Noches De Las Luminarias

I never got around to posting these pictures back in December. Funny that they are showing up for my first post of January, 2009 now that the season is almost past.

Anyway, Las Noches De Las Luminarias is a yearly holiday tradition here in the valley at our wonderful Desert Botanical Garden, it was even better than usual this year with the addition of "Chihuly, The Nature Of Glass". This is an exhibition of the glass artist Dale Chihuly that is currently running until the end of May. My Dad was meant to come along with me but couldn't because his trip was sadly postponed, and so I dragged Robert along. It really wasn't his thing, but he was very patient with me, and it was so stunning that at times it almost bordered on becoming a romantic evening. :)

These were the pictures I managed to salvage from the MANY blurred and shaky ones that I took that evening. I needed that tripod you see, yes the very same one that I sold at our garage sale back in May. Oh well, one lives and one learns!








8 comments:

leaner said...

Wow those are beautiful! I didn't go. Every year I swear I will (we have a membership but we never go to those fancy things they have.)

I haven't even been to see the art glass stuff. Maybe I will take Gwen this week during school.

Amy said...

Wow! I can see why you liked the exhibit. Such beautiful sculptures next to such beautiful landscapes!

Sorry to hear about your dad's postponed visit. I hope he gets there before May so you can return and see it with him. : )

If the infamous wedding plans change and we get to come to AZ, maybe you and I can go as well???

Mo said...

Leaner, I want to go during the day as well. I am free with Emily this week , want to go one morning? :)

Mo said...

Amy, that is OK, Dad is coming in April now so will still be able to see it! Would love to go with you too. I miss our frequent DBG trips.

bodaat said...

I must go next year! We saw Chihuly in the daylight and it was beautiful. Can't even imagine what it was like at night time. I'm curious to see what they do next year.

Mo said...

Bo, usually there are just the Luminarias which are in themselves very beautiful, but this year it was all the more spectacular with the glass. There also have great music all around the garden from various valley bands, and it really is a great night out.

spookydragonfly said...

Such a stunning exhibition! Your photos warmed me up just a tad...freezing rain here in the woods. That must've really been something to see in person. Enjoyed your captures!

Mo said...

Thank you Spookydragonfly! It was an amazing thing to see. :)