Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yet another post that has nothing to do with sustainable living

Birth story tag, thank you Leaner.

1. Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant?
1st: In my bathroom
2nd: In my bathroom

2. Who was with you?
1st: No one.
2nd: Kendra.

3. What was your first reaction?
1st: Happy.
2nd: Relieved. I was getting impatient to be pregnant again.

4.What was your husband's reaction?
1st: Happy but calm as always.
2nd: Same.

5. Who was the first person you told?
1st: Robert.
2nd: Kendra though I don't think she was too interested, then Robert.

6. Were the pregnancies planned?
1st: Yes.
2nd: Yes.

7. Was everyone happy for you?
1st: Yes.
2nd: Yes.

8. What was the sex?
1st: Girl.
2nd: Girl.

9. What was the nursery theme/colors?
1st: Definitely no theme, but yellow. I hated pink at that time though I have had to warm to it since with my two pink obsessed daughters!
2nd: Same nursery. (Sorry Emmie).

10. Did anyone throw a shower for you?
1st: Yes, My friend Jill.
2nd: No.

11. Did you get any outfits you wouldn't use?
1st: No, I don't think I did.
2nd: Emmie has had all the hand-me-downs!

12. How much weight did you gain?
1st: 50ish lbs.
2nd: 50ish lbs.

13. Did you get stretch marks?
1st: No.
2nd: No.

14. Did you crave anything crazy?
1st: No, just any food.
2nd: Same.

15. Who or what got on your nerves the most?
1st: No one more than usual.
2nd: I probably wasn't as patient as I should have been with Kendra towards the end.

16. Where were you when you went into labor?
1st: At home.
2nd: In Ikea.

17. Did you have any complications?
1st: EXTREMELY long and hard labor of over three days, although I didn't progress during that time. It was ridiculous. If I had known then what I know now it would not have been nearly as long believe me!
2nd: None.

18. Did your water break?
1st: Nurse broke it.
2nd: At the very end just before she was delivered.

19. Who drove you to the hospital?
1st: Robert.
2nd: Robert after my doula had finally convinced him that we needed to leave NOW!

20. Did you go early or late?
1st: I went into labor on her due date, she was born three days later.
2nd: Two weeks early.

21. Who was in the room?
1. Robert, my friend, a nurse, and my midwife.
2. Robert, my doula, a nurse, and my midwife.

22. Did you video tape it?
Absolutely not.

23. Did you have any pain medication?
1st: Epidural eventually at the very end.
2nd: Nothing at all.

24. Did you have a c-section or natural?
Vaginal both times.

25. What was your reaction to the birth?
The most amazing and wonderfully ecstatic days of my life. I still remember the way I felt, and I am forever changed by it.

26. How big was the baby?
1st: 8 lbs, 12 oz's.
2nd: 8 lbs, 12 oz's allegedly, but I still think she was much smaller.

27. What was the baby's full name?
1st: Kendra Lindsay
2nd: Emily Clair (Clair was Robert's Mom's name).

28. Did your husband cry?
1. No, much too practical for that.
2. Same.

29. When is the next one coming?
Never, two lovely little girls are enough for us.

30. If you could, would you do it all over again?
Totally!!!

2 comments:

bodaat said...

What's a douly? ps - i can't wait to write for the day that i can write my own post like that!

Mo said...

A doula is a birth assistant who helps the laboring Mother relax, and try to birth naturally and calmly. I LOVED my doula and wish I had had her the first time when I really needed her.