Sunday, March 15, 2009

Off To England!


Yes, it's true. We leave tomorrow for a two week, excessive carbon dioxide emitting trip home to England.

I am not sure whether England is officially home for me these days because I have lived here in the States for almost ten years, but it still feels that way, sometimes.

We are almost ready to go after doing what has felt like almost continual washing, cleaning, and packing for the past few days. We aren't completely ready to go yet, but we are getting there.

The girls are so excited, and so am I. We will get to see many people we love while we are there, and I hope enjoy some of my favorite English delicacies such as Twiglets, fish and chips, and Marmite, although I confess to having a secret stash of the latter here anyway. I am also looking forward to eating a great curry or two!

When I booked our flights I had the opportunity to pay extra to offset the carbon emissions that will be released during our flights across the Atlantic. I wanted to so much, but it was not of course an insignificant amount, and I felt that I simply couldn't justify it knowing how many extra hours Robert has put in to pay for these flights. (Plus Robert would not have been happy!) Maybe next time?!

Looking forward to seeing you in two weeks! My Dad will be coming back with me. I haven't seen him in almost five years. Yipeeeeeee.............

P.S And don't forget about Earth Hour on March 28th!

6 comments:

Amber~ Care and Feeding of Wild Things said...

Dear Mo, have fun! Stay hydrated on that loooong flight! Enjoy everything! :-)

leaner said...

Have a great trip! We will be waiting for pics when you get back! (And a playdate.)

Titania said...

I wish You a very happy holiday. T.

Jenn said...

Have a GREAT trip!

[I am jealous]

spookydragonfly said...

Hi Mo...I hope that you have a wonderful visit with family and friends...and your travels are safe! Happy Spring!

Mid-life Midwife, CPM said...

Have fun! You'll be in weather that will be very similar to ours at this time of year. It'll make you miss your gorgeous desert garden! (My husband has lived in the states for 27 years and still thinks of England as home. "Home is where your Nan is"!)