Thursday, April 30, 2009

Quick Pickled Radish

After my last post where I posted a picture of the radishes I grew, I got a recipe suggestion for radish from my friends the "Shibaguyz". Here it is:

"Slice them thin along with thinly sliced cucumbers and put them on the counter in a bowl. Cover them all in a sweet, rice wine vinegar, put a towel over the bowl and let them set there for a day. Pop them in the fridge overnight and the next day you have these wonderful, sweet, slightly spicy "counter pickles" to munch on."

I tried it out yesterday.


And here is the result.


Very tasty I can tell you.

Thank you Shibaguyz! :)

3 comments:

Mid-life Midwife, CPM said...

Clever! Sounds delicious!

Shibaguyz said...

OMG! That made me wish for a big ol' bowl of counter pickles… YUMM!!

Also, you can slice up (VERY THIN!) a white onion to put in there. They are really great on salads too!

Oh… speaking of salads… remember to reserve the liquid after your pickles are gone. The infused vinegar is great sprinkled on a salad or used in a stir fry. Just bottle it up and you have your own salad dressing!

Very glad you liked the counter pickles :)

leaner said...

That looks good! And totally up my alley. Will have to try that sometime!