Wednesday, April 1, 2009

We're back!

It is so great to be home with Robert, and all the doggies! Both the girls woke up at 3 am and of course then so did I, although Dad is still asleep I am pleased to say.

It was strange because this time it felt much more like I was coming "home" as I re- entered the States than it did when I landed on English soil a few weeks ago. England felt foreign to me this time which makes me a little sad, but at the same time glad that I have such a great life here.

I am waiting for the sun to come up so that I can go and see my back yard. I am a little nervous that everything is OK because I planted a lot just before we left. Both our dog sitter and Robert were under strict, (Robert would say obsessive), instructions on how to water everything. I will just have to be patient though.

One thing that made me smile on the flight coming back was finding a compostable food container in my meal. It was advertised as the first ever compostable in flight food container. Great idea but do people really go through every finished meal tray and remove the compostable bit so that it can actually be composted? I nearly brought mine home but wasn't so sure that customs would have been happy with me having done that.

Ah, it really is great to be home and back with you all. Can't wait to catch up on all your blogs.

5 comments:

Amber~ Care and Feeding of Wild Things said...

Welcome home! I hope your garden welcomes you home too, with lots of fresh sprouty things!

bodaat said...

yey, you're back!! you didn't miss much on my blog. i hope you get over the jet lag smoothly. natural sleep enhancers help. :) love you lots and can't wait to hear about the trip!

Dawn said...

Welcome home! I'm glad you all had a safe trip.

Amy said...

Welcome home friend! I missed your calls and e-mails soooooo much while you were gone. I hope we can sit down and chat sometime soon.

Can't wait to see pictures and hear stories about your English holiday!

Mo said...

Thanks everyone. It is great to be back. :)