Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Handy Little Book


I love this little book! It is a consumer shopping guide based on the premise that "every dollar you spend is a vote for the world you want to live in!"

The author, Ellis Jones is described as "a scholar of social responsibility, global citizenship and everyday activism". He has researched over 1,000 companies, and based on their record of human rights, the environment, animal protection, community involvement, and social justice, has graded them all from A through F, within 75 product categories ranging from appliances and hardware, to chocolate, and wine.

This book is a great reference for whatever one is planning to purchase. I carry it with me everywhere now and it makes me feel better to know that the majority of the consumer choices I make are supporting the values that I believe in.

5 comments:

leaner said...

What a great idea! Where do you get it?

Mo said...

Amazon! It is really useful and quite an education as well. Obviously one can't always make the best choices, but it is at least good to know what they are.

bodaat said...

what a smart fellow he is! i might have to see if i can get that book. i just got 'clean house, clean planet' a couple weeks ago but my eckhart tolle has been keeping me busy.

Mo said...

Hmm, Ekhart Tolle kept me pretty busy for several months as well! Not light reading but good nonetheless. :)

Jenn said...

That looks great! Thanks.