Saturday, June 20, 2009

Heaven On Earth

We are back from our foray into the wilderness of eastern Arizona. I can honestly say that I am forever changed after visiting such a bewitching place.







I ache for the feel of the cool breeze on my face, the sounds of the wind blowing through the pines, and the sight of my children playing happily, all day long in nature.

I am already planning our next trip. I feel as though I have finally found the place where I belong, and I left a piece of my heart there.

My heaven on earth.

8 comments:

Kanak Hagjer said...

These pictures are so beautiful! The children photos are lovely!

Amber said...

Welcome baaack! :) I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. The photos are beautiful as is your description.

Gail - Fort Rock Glimpses said...

Mo, I am so glad that you got to go there for a while. It looks very lovely and compelling. You ought to go back when there is some fall color and crispness to the air.

leaner said...

I know exactly how you feel! I always feel that way when I come home from the pines of AZ.

Amy said...

Ahhhhh, now you've got me wanting to go visit the White Mountains.

Welcome home. Hope your adjustment from heaven on earth to everyday life (and the AZ summer heat) isn't too traumatic.

Jenn said...

Dog looks happy, too.

Bliss.

Bill Kisich said...

I love the White Mountains. We go every year in mid to late July. The storms are amazing. You have me really looking forward to our trip this year, Mo!

Mo said...

I am so glad Bill!

I was told that the storms are great during July. The place we stayed has their driveway flooded out frequently during July.

Hope you all have a great time. I want to see pics after you get back please. :)