Sunday, June 28, 2009

Honest Scrap


I am delighted to have been given the "Honest Scrap" blog award by Gail over at Fort Rock....Glimpses. Thank you so much Gail!

I now need to divulge ten honest things about myself and then pass the award on to "a fellow blogger whose blog’s content or design is, in the giver’s opinion, brilliant.”

The ten honest things aren't so hard, but deciding which blogs to choose will be because I love all the ones that I read regularly.

1. I am an open book, and find it impossible to hide my feelings.

2. Leading on from that, when I have something on my mind I need to talk about it and process it so that I can resolve it. Thank goodness for husbands and friends!

3. I love all animals, but especially dogs. I simply melt every time I see a dog, which is probably why we ended up with four.

4. I have aways felt that I was meant to live in the Pacific Northwest, and that it is "my place". (I have to say though the White Mountains are competing with that vision since we were there the other week!)

5. I have a very low tolerance for stress and will avoid stressful situations as much as possible.

6. I love digging in the dirt, it is my main passion in life which will probably be obvious by now to those of you who read my blog, or know me.

7. I always dreamed of being a Mum to two dark haired, dark eyed little girls, and I am SO happy that my dream came true.

8. I hold some very strong opinions but am not very good at expressing them to others because I often worry about what they will think. I need to work on being stronger in who I am, and in what I believe.

9. I love being at home. I am a "homebody" and always was, even as a child, so I feel very lucky to be able to work from home.

10. This next honest thing answers a question Esther had for me. She asked how I ended up living in Phoenix. Here goes Esther.......I moved to Phoenix ten years ago on an 18 month travel nurse contract. I intended to leave at the end of my contract, and work my way up to the Pacific Northwest, but of course then I met Robert, fell in love, got married, had babies, and ten years later here I am, still here! Funny how life works out sometimes. :)

I now pass on this award to the following bloggers with admiration for all that they do, and all that they are:

Esther at Esthers Boring Garden Blog,
Amanda at Cooking in someone elses kitchen,
Mid life midwife at The Urban Homesteader,
Judy at My Freezer is Full,
Michelle at Sugar Creek Stuff,
Titania at yesterday, today, and tomorrow in my garden,
Leaner at Three Snakes and a Rooster,
Bodaat at Blogging One Day At A Time,
Spooky Dragonfly at WishnikWoods,
and last but by no means least, Amy at Extraordinarily Unextraordinary.
I would also have nominated Amber at Care and feeding of Wild Things, but someone beat me to it. :)

8 comments:

fullfreezer said...

Wow! Thanks. I never thought of myself as brilliant.
Judy

Esther Montgomery said...

Thanks Mo. What a nice looking award too!

As for Phoenix and the Pacific North West - it's interesting how one can land up happily living in what appears to be the opposite of our dreams.

Esther

Titania said...

Hi Mo, thank you for the award. I will give a little spiel soon. Thanks so much for thinking of me.

spookydragonfly said...

Thank you, Mo! I appreciate this award, and Congratulations to you!

Amanda said...

Thanks Mo - I'm truly honoured!

Amanda

sugarcreekstuff said...

Thanks Mo, I loved learning more of you, and love reading about your desert life.

Gail - Fort Rock Glimpses said...

Mo, it was nice to learn a little more about you. I have admired you for quite some time. You are so dedicated to all things "green". I would like to be more so than I am, so you are an inspiration. I hope your dream for the Pacific Northwest works out some day, but if not, the White Mountains did look mighty enticing.

bodaat said...

ooooh, thank you!! i'm honest AND scrappy! bonus! haha! :)