Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Independence Days Update

A day late again and things have been slow on all fronts, but I guess that is to be expected at times.

1. Plant something: No and I am not planning on planting anything else now until our fall season starts in August/ September.

2. Harvest something: The last few tomatoes, (one of which was a huge beefsteak weighing in at 1.2 lbs), cucumbers, and zucchinis, as well as a handful of basil which is one thing that loves the heat. Everything else is done, overtaken by the heat, and the aphids.

3. Preserve something: No.

4. Reduce waste: Nothing new. I did donate a load of kids clothes to Goodwill which I suppose counts in this category.

5. Prep and storage: Just reading as usual.

6. Build community food systems: Nothing new.

7. Eat the food: Same as last week. A couple of salads with tomatoes and cucumbers, and some zucchinis in a stir fry. The birds are loving our sunflower seeds which is fun to watch, but doesn't really count.

I feel that the heat is slowing me down on all fronts at the moment. Hopefully I will regain some of my energy and enthusiasm by next week and will have more to report.

2 comments:

Gail - Fort Rock Glimpses said...

Girl,...you have more energy than I would. Just relax.....and enjoy the fruits of your labor...and don't worry about whether or not you have been meeting certain criteria. The hot season is when we just kinda chill and wait the heat out. You know, like your lizards. They know what to do. :)

Mo said...

Thanks Gail. As always you make me feel much better, and make me smile at the same time. :)