A day late again and things have been slow on all fronts, but I guess that is to be expected at times.
1. Plant something: No and I am not planning on planting anything else now until our fall season starts in August/ September.
2. Harvest something: The last few tomatoes, (one of which was a huge beefsteak weighing in at 1.2 lbs), cucumbers, and zucchinis, as well as a handful of basil which is one thing that loves the heat. Everything else is done, overtaken by the heat, and the aphids.
3. Preserve something: No.
4. Reduce waste: Nothing new. I did donate a load of kids clothes to Goodwill which I suppose counts in this category.
5. Prep and storage: Just reading as usual.
6. Build community food systems: Nothing new.
7. Eat the food: Same as last week. A couple of salads with tomatoes and cucumbers, and some zucchinis in a stir fry. The birds are loving our sunflower seeds which is fun to watch, but doesn't really count.
I feel that the heat is slowing me down on all fronts at the moment. Hopefully I will regain some of my energy and enthusiasm by next week and will have more to report.
Animals And Life: The Sadness Thieves
7 hours ago