I forgot to do this last week so this is for the last two weeks.
1. Plant something: No.
2. Harvest something: Still getting a few cherry tomatoes each day, and basil.
3. Preserve something: Pesto, which I of course froze.
4. Reduce waste: Nothing new here, just the usual things. I am feeling much better about not using nearly as much water now that the veggie garden is taking a rest.
5. Prep and storage: Cleared out most of the veggie beds, and added mulch of compost and straw. I have been planning what I will plant, and where in the Fall. I have ordered garlic which will come mid September, and which I haven't tried to grow before. I have decided that we will build a chicken tractor for the chickens which will work best for us and the area we have for them I think. Still haven't completely finished digging out the sand box but it is getting there slowly. Heavy work in this heat!
6. Build community food systems: Nothing new.
7. Eat the food: A few cherry tomatoes each day.
Animals And Life: The Sadness Thieves
7 hours ago