Monday, July 20, 2009

Independence Days Update

I forgot to do this last week so this is for the last two weeks.

1. Plant something: No.

2. Harvest something: Still getting a few cherry tomatoes each day, and basil.

3. Preserve something: Pesto, which I of course froze.

4. Reduce waste: Nothing new here, just the usual things. I am feeling much better about not using nearly as much water now that the veggie garden is taking a rest.

5. Prep and storage: Cleared out most of the veggie beds, and added mulch of compost and straw. I have been planning what I will plant, and where in the Fall. I have ordered garlic which will come mid September, and which I haven't tried to grow before. I have decided that we will build a chicken tractor for the chickens which will work best for us and the area we have for them I think. Still haven't completely finished digging out the sand box but it is getting there slowly. Heavy work in this heat!

6. Build community food systems: Nothing new.

7. Eat the food: A few cherry tomatoes each day.

1 comment:

Tessa at Blunders with shoots, blossoms 'n roots said...

Sounds like you've gotten a lot done! Now if I could just get to it :)