Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pasta Sauce

Here is the pasta sauce I made based on Judy's Mom's recipe over at My Freezer is Full. It is great for using up many of the veggies we have a lot of at the moment, including eggplant.

I basically fried onions, and garlic, (not from the garden), in a little olive oil. I then added tomatoes, eggplant, basil, and salt and pepper, and cooked them all in the slow cooker for an hour or so.


Towards the end I added some overgrown zucchinis. I like to add them later because I don't like them mushy.


Here is the finished product which we had over wholewheat pasta, with a few shavings of Parmesan cheese.


It was very good. Thanks Judy!

3 comments:

fullfreezer said...

I'm glad you liked it. I asked my Mom for a recipe one time and she informed me that there really isn't one. It's one of those recipes that incorporates whatever you have on hand. But I know it's one she uses for the excess eggplant that always seems to plague them.
Judy

bodaat said...

looks deeeelish! and healthy might i add. :)

Amber said...

Looks so yummy! What a great way to use up your verdure (veggies).