Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hurray, it's the weekend

I am sitting here thinking of all the things I want to get done today. I work every other weekend so this makes my weekends off pretty valuable.

We got back from another camping trip yesterday afternoon. This time we went up to Flagstaff, another of my favorite towns, and camped in the forest nearby. It was great. We are so lucky having such amazing scenery a mere two hours away.

We went with a friend this time so I actually have a rare picture of me, the girls and Cocoa, (who was the lucky dog that got to go with us this time).


I am so glad I took the girls camping this summer because now I know I can, and next year will be so much easier.

Only two weeks before the girls go back to school and I was thinking we might be able to squeeze in another camping trip, but really that would be a bit greedy, and anyway I have lots to get done.

In two short weeks both girls will be in school and I will have free mornings which should be a good thing but honestly, I am feeling a bit wobbly about it all. How did I suddenly get a kindergartner, AND a preschooler?

Anyway, today after I get my statistics assignment submitted, and the tent cleaned and put away, I need to go and buy a new wheelbarrow. Our old one has a flat tire that can't be repaired apparently, and new wheels cost as much as a new wheelbarrow. It is such a waste, and really makes me mad, but what is one to do? This time I am going to get one with a solid tire that wont go flat, and hopefully it will last forever. After that I am going to finish the sand box veggie bed once and for all because I can't stand to look at it anymore.

I also still have to finish sanding and varnishing the trim around the front door. I have finished the actual door, but the trim is still not finished. Just one other project that I want to complete.

The girls really want to make cupcakes this afternoon which doesn't seem like such a great idea in view of the fact that it is going to be 110 today. However, sometimes one just has to do normal stuff, and so that it the plan for late afternoon.

I hope you are all having a great weekend whatever you are all doing!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

That is a lovely photo of you all. 110 doesn't sound too good though. The temperature hasn't hit 90 here yet this summer. Not that I'm complaining, mind you...

Mo said...

Amanda, I wouldn't be complaining either, instead of which I am complaining ALL the time! :)

fullfreezer said...

Oh, I love camping. We haven't been able to go this summer but I'm thinking about setting up the tent in the backyard some time. Of course, we're still kind of living out of boxes and suitcases and with a half finished house, sometimes it feels like we're camping.
Judy

Amie said...

Hey Mo, thanks for your comment on my site. I wanted to answer your question about the wheat bread. I bought my wheat years ago through the LDS cannery--it came in big 25 lb sacks that I removed and moved into large Home Depot buckets (homer buckets). There the wheat has sat in my closet for about 10 years, no joke. Finally I decided to start using it! My mom had gotten me a wheat grinder at a yard sale for a few dollars and though it is small, it works great. I just do it outside and did a whole bucket at a time because I'm using so much wheat!

And yes, I'm doing a half/half mix because the whole wheat stuff is pretty solid! I might try doing one loaf just because I've pretty much got my recipe down (it's trial and error you know).

As for aspartame and crystal light, I've had concerns over that as well. I'm not sure what the risks are--I guess I need to do more research into it. But I also don't know what my options are. I'm a big proponent of not drinking my calories. But even non-sweetened juices have tons of calories, so I keep looking!

Good luck yourself!

sugarcreekstuff said...

What a great weekend. Loved the picture! I'm sure I told you before I lived in Flag and its nice to be reminded of it from time to time.
Not sure if this tip will help with your tire or not but here goes. They make this foam (not sure of the name) that you spray into the nozzle and it puffs up and gives you a hardened tire.
We used it on our wheelbarrow and now we can run over nails with no problems. Not that I recommend having nails lying about. ;-)

Mo said...

Thanks Amie!

SCS, I had forgotten that you used to live in Flag. What a great town! Thanks for the tip about the tire. Now you come to mention it I think I vaguely remember someone else telling me about this a long time ago. Good advice!