Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Its been a long time since I rock and rolled..........

I am not sure what has happened during the past two weeks. I know that I have been busy, very busy, and it has all been self inflicted busy-ness, nothing that I can complain about, although at times I have wanted to.

It seems that the more I try to simplify my life and get back to basics, back to the things that matter, back to the things that I really love, the less time I have. I guess it's OK though really, because during the past two weeks of my uber busy life I have made the following discoveries-

1. The PTA isn't for me. I have really tried to get into it, but really, it just isn't for me. I can't seem to relate somehow even though the PTA women are generally outgoing, smart, assertive, go getting types of women. (Perhaps that is the problem because that description doesn't fit me at all!) I have decided to be happy with volunteering with Kendra's class every week, and getting involved with her school in other ways that suit me better such as helping the school nurse prn.

2. Vegetable gardening has no apparent rhyme or reason to it. This time last year I was getting bushels of cucumbers and zucchini. This year I have a few immature looking zucchini and cucumber plants with nothing on them except flowers. I have lots of bees doing their utmost to pollinate them too, but alas, nothing. I do have tomatillos though which is good because I failed in the tomatillo department earlier in the year. I also have many pumpkins, small but perfectly formed, and peppers, also small, but apparently growing which is more than they did last time. Everything seems to be very late despite my having planted it according to my low desert calender. Ah well, everything comes to he who waits right!

3- When volunteering ones time it is really important to ensure that the cause is something that one is really passionate about, something that one wants to fight for, and something that one really wants to be involved with because really, isn't that the whole point of volunteering?

4- And finally, sometimes one just has to take the time to play on a San Diego beach at sunset with friends and family, because that is truly what life is all about.



3 comments:

Gail - Fort Rock Glimpses said...

Mo, it is so easy to get too much on your plate. That has happened to me and then you just wind up frustrated and grumpy. Sounds like you may need to learn to say no. It's hard I know, because there are many worthy causes and I'm in the process of getting myself signed up for one right now. But we need to guard our time and ensure that we have quality time with our loved ones too.

Mo said...

Thanks Gail. As usual your wise words are just what I need. I have actually been feeling a bit better today, like I am getting caught up again, and it feels so good to not be rushing around and feeling completely overwhelmed. You can probably tell by my three blog posts in two days! :)

Amy said...

Lovely photos! I can't wait to hear more about your California adventures--PTA stories--and veggie tales.

See you on the 31st!