Sunday, October 18, 2009

Selected

I was pleasantly surprised to hear recently that a photo of mine from my Flickr account had been shortlisted for inclusion in the ninth edition of the Schmap Phoenix Guide in the Desert Botanical Garden section. I didn't even know that things like this could happen from having a Flickr account.

Today I heard that my picture has been included to join many other beautiful ones of our ever photogenic Desert Botanical Garden.

I feel a little bit proud because it is a picture I love, and is actually the banner picture from this blog.

12 comments:

Sue said...

Cool! Congratulations!

Gail - Fort Rock Glimpses said...

That is wonderful. Congrats. I've often thought that photo looked like it was teeming with life.

fullfreezer said...

Congratulations! How exciting!
Judy

Amber said...

Yay! Congratulations!!! It is a beautiful photo.

bodaat said...

oh wow, congratulations!!

Jenn said...

Sweet!

Mo said...

Thanks everyone! :)

Amy said...

I'm happy to hear your photographic talents are finally being recognized!!! : )

Esther Montgomery said...

It's so exciting when something one has done is recognised and appreciated. It makes one feel part of an even wider life.

Hurray!

Esther

P.S. I like your new picture for your blogger-profile too.

P.P.S. Well, not exactly new - but newer than the old one.

E.

Mid-life Midwife, CPM said...

Congrats! Your photos are always so gorgeous! You deserve some recognition! :)

Esther Montgomery said...

I've begun responding to memes. I'm doing them as a group and over several posts. Hope this is ok.

It begins here

http://esthersboringgardenblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/starting-on-memes.html

Esther

Barbee' said...

And, I was just thinking what a pretty photo you have for your header, and how much I enjoy it! Congratulations!