Wednesday, November 18, 2009

I don't usually blog about personal stuff but it has been an extremely emotional week and what has happened is so much a part of me that I feel like I have to say something. If I don't this blog will be pointless because it wont really reflect who I am.

I found out last week that my cousin is very ill. It was a terrible shock. She is young, vibrant, and beautiful, and one of the most active people I know. And now she is ill. I was in a state of shock at first, but now I think I have moved through that to deep sadness and grief. I don't know what to with what I am feeling because I have never felt this way before, and it is hard. However, I keep thinking that however hard it is for me right now, it is a million times harder for her. This is what I have been thinking about a lot over the past week.

One bright spot that lifted the way I have been feeling was last Saturday when Kendra and Emily were so very honored to be flower girls at my dear friend Bo's wedding.

It was truly a beautiful wedding, full of love, and friendship, and happiness for new beginnings. I was so happy to be there and to share this, and so proud that my girls were a part of it all. Thank you Bo!

5 comments:

Liisa said...

Mo,
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through a difficult time. I hope that your cousin is going to be ok. It's so hard seeing our loved ones become ill. I'll say an extra prayer today.

fullfreezer said...

I don't know what to say other than that I'll be thinking of you. I hope you are able to find peace.
Judy

Amber said...

Dear Mo, your daughters make beautiful flower girls, that photo is wonderful.
I am praying for you and for your cousin, that you will find peace, and that there is also hope.
A big hug!
Amber

bodaat said...

I wish your heart much comfort during this time Mo. I can't imagine what you're going through as well as your whole family. Stay strong and when you're feeling less than, lean on us. Love you lots.

And thank *you* for your beautiful flower girls. We watched the video and I finally got to see how adorable they were coming down the aisle. :)

Love,
~kavita

Mo said...

Thank you my friends. x