Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas Everyone!


I made mince pies this morning. This, (along with some very sherry doused, and tipsy trifle), will be my only British contribution to Christmas mainly because I loathe Christmas pudding and traditional Christmas cake. I do however have very happy memories as a child of helping my Mum to make both of these months in advance of Christmas which is the right way to do it!

I was never a huge fan if mincemeat until recently and now I love it, although I will probably be the only one to eat these mince pies in our house.

I am not cooking this year. I am working and so we have been invited to friends for dinner which is very kind of them. It will be a little strange not to have all those leftovers with which to concoct many suspect looking meals, but I am sure we will survive, somehow.

Whatever you all do, and wherever you all are this year, I wish you a wonderful and happy Christmas!

6 comments:

Titania said...

Hi Mo, your baking looks yummy. I wish you and your family a lovely Christmas and all the best in the New Year.

bodaat said...

oh my gosh, they look so yummy and you've just inspired me to make mincepies!! and just like you, i will probably be the only person in the house to eat them. :) but that's ok by me!

Gail - Fort Rock Glimpses said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Mo. Your baking looks scrumptious. I love traditional recipes. You enjoy your family and have a fun day!!!

Esther Montgomery said...

I identify with this post.

I have an annoying range of food intolerances which includes wheat and gluten and dried fruit . . . which knocks out most Christmas goodies. And I live in a family where no-one likes Christmas cake or marzipan, only one person likes mince pies (a bit) and one person likes Christmas pudding so there's no point in making them. (We buy one little Christmas Pudding for our one Christmas Pudding eater!) And as a residue from my growing up, I find there's a big gap in Christmas because I'm not cooking the things associated with it. If only my family wanted to eat the things I want to cook!

Hope you are ok and that there has been joy over Christmas and that 2010 will be full of green happiness.

Esther

Liisa said...

Mo,
I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday, and best wishes for the New Year!! I look forward to your posts in 2010!! :)

Mo said...

Thank you to all of my blogging friends! Can't wait to continue blogging with you all into 2010. xx