Thursday, January 7, 2010

Impulse Buy

I am not one to buy anything on impulse usually. In fact I did so last Saturday when out with friends and I took the item back an hour or so later. Today however I found some really cute little red onions at my local nursery and I just couldn't resist. The onions I planted from seed did not germinate well so I planted these instead.


I am excited to see how they do.

Today I also seeded beets, more carrots, and lettuces. I am waiting for my soil block maker to arrive before I plant eggplant, tomatoes, and peppers which I will keep sheltered until all danger of frost has passed.

I also picked these first young carrots.


I needed carrots for the chicken casserole I threw together in my crock pot for dinner. They turned out great although they probably deserved better treatment as such young, sweet specimens.

After that I volunteered, walked to school to get Kendra, practised drumming for forty minutes or so, and tidied up my wreck of a house.

I leave for Canada next week. I will be visiting my cousin in Vancouver, the one who is so ill. I am excited to go and see my family there, and I am also nervous, but I know that I want to be there with them. Perhaps I can make things a little bit better, I hope so anyway. I need to start thinking about packing but that can probably wait until tomorrow. Right now I am thinking about my new library book and how much I am looking forward to starting it this evening.

No comments: