Saturday, February 13, 2010

In a State of Inertia

That is how I have been since the weekend I got sick. You remember, the weekend I had planned to get so much done? Well, it is still not done, not any of it. I am really lacking in something. I am not sure if it is motivation, or energy, or perhaps both, but it is driving me crazy.

I sometimes go through stages like this, though more so when I was younger and had less to do. The fact that I am surrounded by seemingly endless and repetitive tasks makes me feel overwhelmed and seems to feed the inertia I am feeling all the more.

I started alphabetizing my CD collection a couple of days ago. They are in a mess and I don't even know what I have any more. I didn't get very far with that either because I kept stopping to listen to various tunes and never getting restarted again. Now I have a huge stack of un- alphabetized Cd's on the office floor to add to my general feeling of chaos.

I think for now I just need to surrender to it all. I guess as long as we are all fed, clothed, and taken to school/ work that is all that really matters, for now at least.

One thing I have been doing often is playing my drums. At least I am motivated in that area of my life, but then that is all fun! Having a teacher who expects to see improvement helps of course. Perhaps that is what I need for the rest of my life at the moment too.

7 comments:

bodaat said...

i'll help you!! seriously. :)

Lucy Corrander said...

It's familiar - and horrible. Drums sound good. (I bury myself in photos!)

All one can do is wish you the best and wait along side until you feel better and it resolves.

Lucy

Mo said...

Thanks girls for the support! :)

Titania said...

Hi Mo, We all know this situation, up and down and suddenly all is OK again. I look at my garden and do not know where to start, the house needs cleaning, or more so organising things which have been neglected to long, there is so much to do and I thought when I am retired I have all the time in the world! The worst is It is my own doing as I want to do to many things... but I have always time to read...Hope you feel so much better now! ox T.

Jenn said...

Take a 'vacation' [staycation?] and drum.

Like you said, if the necessities get accomplished, everyone is fed and dressed and well rested, you are doing your job. All is well.

Have some fun.

Gail - Fort Rock Glimpses said...

Mo, I get the impression that you are your own worst slave driver. We all have things to do that become ho-hum and we all need a little pizazz in our life once in a while. I am amazed at what a busy, efficient person you seem to be almost all the time. Don't be hard on yourself. You are taking care of the necessities and all else that you do is to the good. So don't worry, be happy...and find something fun to do!

Mo said...

How lucky I am to have the support of my blogging friends. So kind all of you! Wish I could say the blah-ness had passed but alas it has not. I am riding it's wave though until it passes. Thank you all. xx