Saturday, March 27, 2010

Spring is Here!


I can't believe how few posts I have written this month. It is mainly because I have been so busy in the yard and garden which is good. Better to be working out there than writing about how I plan to I suppose.

Every year by the time summer hits, I have forgotten how beautiful the spring is here in the low desert. The nightmare of the summer heat leaves me with nothing good to say about living here, and so each spring I am amazed all over again by how gorgeous everything looks, smells, and feels. This spring is turning out to be better that ever after the wet winter we have had. The wildflowers are predicted to be very showy.

I have lots of things to write about and will do so the next few days. For now this warm, scented, spring day is calling me out to play. I hope spring has sprung wherever you all are! I will be back soon.

P.S Don't forget Earth Hour this evening wherever you are!

6 comments:

Lucy Corrander said...

Surely not a cyclamen? With that astonishing colour?

Lucy

Mo said...

It certainly is Lucy! The sun was shining through it from behind and it looked like it was glowing. Just took it this morning. :)

bodaat said...

weee, i love spring too! one of my favorite things is driving with the windows down and smelling the gentle scent of the orange tree blossoms. bliss!

Gail - Fort Rock Glimpses said...

Mo, looks like you are thoroughly enjoying spring. What a gorgeous flower! We are still in the waiting mode, but it looks like we may have some spring rains happening.

Marilyn said...

Oh, I can't WAIT to see what you have been doing in the garden. I'm hard at it too-I'm a little behind this year.

Mo said...

Ditto Bo!

I am behind too Marilyn. I will be posting soem garden pics soon I promise. Looking forward to seeing what you have been doing too. Isn't this weather glorious! :)