Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Request For Any Bird Watchers Among You

Please excuse yet another awful photograph but I wanted to put this out there to see if anyone can help me to identify these birds.


They love to bathe and drink from the fountain next to our patio and I love watching them. We now seem to have an entire flock of these beauties residing in our yard after having raised young in their numerous nests.

Bird identification is certainly not one of my talents, and after looking through a bird book today my mind is positively spinning with all the possibilities of exactly what they could be. Are they Vireos perhaps, or warblers of some kind? Does anyone know? Thank you in advance!

5 comments:

fullfreezer said...

No clue. But they are lovely.
Judy

bodaat said...

sorry friend, no idea.

jenn said...

Female Godfinch. You probably have at least one male around, he'll have a black head that sort of looks like a Moe haircut (of The Stooges)

I love their lyrical little twitter song. My favorite backyard bird.

Mo said...

Thank you so much Jenn! I had a feeling you would know. :) They are everywhere in our backyard this summer. They seem to like it here. I also love their song, very cheerful and bright!

Titania said...

Mo, I think this is an enchanting picture with the goldfinches enjoying a bath.