Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Out of the Blue

It is so strange. Suddenly, and quite out of the blue today I am feeling low, and rather depressed, and yearning to be away from this scorching desert.

I think it is common knowledge that this place is not ideal for me in very many ways. I am not a suburban dweller, and I am not someone who loves the desert, although there are many people who do.

Most of the time though I manage to make do, and I choose to be happy, knowing that it is not forever, and that one day, sometime in the future we will move to somewhere more temperate. A place that has seasons, and regular rain, and chilly misty mornings, and fall leaves that one can scrunch through, and summer afternoons that one can sit out in and enjoy, and a view of green fields, and just plain grey, drizzly days that are perfect for hiding inside with a good book.

For now though I am sad, and I am missing England, and perhaps I just need to feel that way today. That's all.

9 comments:

leaner said...

We all have days like this. Even as a self-proclaimed desert rat, and being born and raised here, I have times (usually in July and August) when I beg Will to find work in another place. But we keep knitting ourselves more into Phoenix all of the time.
Most of the time, I am ok with that. But not always.

rohrerbot said...

These are the nasty days of summer....this depression hits me about September and I become impatient for the cooler weather. I'm from Wisconsin and I know what you speak of....so, I usually like to plan a fall trip back home in October for a couple weeks to jump start the cooler season:) Hang in there...nothing is permanent.:)

bodaat said...

(big hug)

did you feel it?

love, love
~k

Meredehuit ♥ said...

I feel your sadness... and I'm inclined to say, have a good cry, eat a little chocolate, then open your eyes to what is good where you are. It may be hidden, but it's there.

Mo said...

Thank everyone! Feeling a little better today.

Marilyn said...

Glad to hear you feel better~I get low and depressed every August. I've lived in AZ all my life and don't see any other place of abode in the future....

Mo said...

Marilyn, I always find it interesting that native Arizonans also get low in the summer. It is almost like a reverse seasonal affective disorder that we northern europeans have a tendency to get in the dark winter months. Interesting!

Amy said...

Dear Michelle,

I hope all these thoughts and good wishes are being felt most dearly in your heart. You are very much loved, that is quite clear.

I wish I were there so we could endure the summer heat together indoors gabbing and chatting for hours about our families, motherhood, work, and everything else.

I miss you.

Mo said...

My sweet Amy,
You have brought tears to my eyes! I wish you were here too and I miss you also. The summers were a great deal more bearable when you were here but I am happy that you have such a good life where you now are. I hope to see you soon and love you lots. xx