Thursday, September 9, 2010

Fall is in the air, (in the early morning at least).

This morning I was outside early and it felt cool, yes actually COOL! This surely means that fall is on it's way. I like to think so at least.

My garden is mixed right now with the zucchini's and cucumbers thriving. The sage plant does not seem to have had a detrimental effect on the cukes yet.


The zucchinis clearly need thinning out. I always plant too many and then hate to thin out perfectly healthy plants but I will. There are lots of flowers too so soon I hope to get actual squash.


The swiss chard (which is usually effortless to grow), is really struggling to get established, as are the carrots and beets. I suspect that I planted them all too early because I was really pushing the limits of my desert planting schedule to get them in. I will resow again next week and hope for better.

In other news I have dropped my math class. It was a very difficult decision, and not one that didn't weigh on me heavily, but it felt like the right thing to do. I was not prepared for the sheer volume of work, and right now I simply don't have the time or the energy. Other things were suffering, and it simply wasn't fair for my family or for me. I am not giving up however and will try again in the spring and make sure that I am better prepared.

And finally here is Tex. Couldn't resist because he is just so darn cute! :)

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Ahhh....love this time of year....the anticipation of getting outside again :)

Perfect.

Mo said...

Me too Wendy, I can hardly stand it! :)

rohrerbot said...

It's wonderful out there. Adorable puppy...don't stress about the math class; it happens.:) Fall is almost here:)

bodaat said...

i'm loving the small indications that fall is coming! so excited! and yes tex is very cute. i love his haircut. :)

Jenn said...

Who is Tex?

Mo said...

Tex is one of our beloved four dogs Jenn. :)

Amanda said...

Tex is gorgeous!

Esther Montgomery said...

I was immediately anxious when I read you are giving up your maths class. I think I remember it's necessary if you are to complete your course. (?)

But was quickly un-worried when you say you will take it up again later. If you prepare in advance your teacher will be bowled over by your new found brilliance and you will feel proud and brilliant too.

Your sage looks very restrained. Mine is the kind which tries to dominate the world. When it flowers, it is spectacular and I'm glad I didn't cut it back too much. When the leaves dry out and the branches show - I wish I had hacked it back completely.

I'm just about to go out and do some sage trimming.

Esther

Mo said...

Thanks Amanda and Bo, he is a cute dog and we love him so.

Thanks also Rohrerbot and Esther for the encouragement with my Math class. I am sure I will get it done when the time is right, and I am more focused. Hope you had a good time trimming the sage Esther! :)