Friday, September 3, 2010

Hot Labor Day Holiday

The lovely cool down last weekend has been followed by a grim heat up here in the Phoenix area. It is predicted to be 111 today, and similar scorching temperatures over the Labor Day weekend.

I am sure it feels like fall is coming somewhere out there, but it certainly doesn't feel like that here yet. My weekend gardening plans may need to be put on the back burner.

Have a good holiday weekend everyone wherever you are, and whatever you are doing!

5 comments:

rohrerbot said...

You also have a great 3 day. Have your mornings at least been cooler? Of course the afternoons are still brutal:(

leaner said...

This weather is draining every last bit of energy that I have. Dislike... and I am so ready for fall. I might start doing some fall stuff just because.

Mo said...

Thank you Rohrerbot! I agree the mornings have been much cooler excpet for today when it was feeling warm again. I have been enjoying the coolness though as I water my garden.

Leaner, me to, I am CRAVING fall and all that it brings in more "normal" places! :)

Esther Montgomery said...

111 degrees?! I think I'd die. I mean, seriously, I don't think my body could cope. Have as good a weekend and holiday as you can in the circumstances. Meanwhile, I'll go back and enjoy the drizzle.

Esther

Esther Montgomery said...

Not sure if my comment registered. I'll not write it out again but I'll say 'hello' in case it didn't.

Esther