Monday, June 27, 2011

Look what I found......

As I watered my sage bush this morning I noticed movement. At first I couldn't tell what it was....

But then I saw what it was!


A very frightened, but beautiful juvenile Common King Snake. I brought the girls out to see it and kept the dogs well away. It is so pretty! I had several of these in my veggie garden last summer too though I am surprised to find one there now as disturbed as it has all been in there over the past few weeks. It made my day though. I love having nature around me!

5 comments:

fullfreezer said...

Beautiful! How great that the girls got to see it.
Judy

Lucy said...

Startling indeed. Should you have been frightened to? Or not? Don't know!

Lucy

Mo said...

No Lucy, this snake is one you want to have in your backyard here! It is non venemous, and a constrictor that is voracious in it's pursuit of rodents. It can even take on a rattle snake should it have to and win! I am very happy to have these now I know all about them! :)

Jenn said...

A garden ally!

Mo said...

Indeed Jenn! :)