Friday, July 1, 2011

Reaching Out With Courage

Since her ALS diagnosis In February of 2009 my cousin has inspired many people to raise thousands and thousands of dollars in her honor for the ALS Society of British Columbia. The fact that so much money has been raised in her honor speaks volumes about the kind of person she is, and the way in which she is living with, and fighting this devastating disease.

At the beginning of June "Team Laronde" raised over $6,000 dollars for the BC Walk to Beat ALS. The girls and I will be walking in honor of my lovely cousin on October 22nd in the Arizona Walk to Defeat ALS. Our fundraising goal is $1,000 and we are well on our way to getting there thanks to many generous donors!

This weekend we will be holding a large garage sale to raise funds for our goal. I love garage sales, they appeal to my "reduce, reuse, recycle" mentality, and they are lots of fun too! The girls and I have been busy getting ready for it and we all feel really excited about the fact that my beautiful cousin's courage will be reaching the deserts of Arizona all the way from British Columbia, Canada this weekend. Her courage will never cease to amaze and inspire me.

1 comment:

fullfreezer said...

What an inspiring post. Good luck with your goal.
Judy