Thursday, July 28, 2011

To do.....


To do list for today-

Dig out new vegetable garden and add compost.
Check what seeds I have left ready for my fall planting season which is rapidly approaching.
Buy more seeds if needed.
Sand and paint patio chair.
clean and paint old wheelbarrow ready to use as a planter this fall.
Make Pesto.

O.K so I may not get all that done today but I can at least make a start.

This fall I am planning to plant beets, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, leeks, lettuce, parsley, spinach, summer squash and swiss chard. I am not sure how it will go though because I have a lot of new desert soil out there and not much compost so things may not grow as well as I hope. We shall see.

The backyard relandscaping project is moving along nicely too. Today the river rock is going into the wash and it looks really nice. I always feel guilty when things like that are done by other people because I feel as though I should be doing them myself, but sometimes one needs some help I guess. Pictures to follow eventually.

No comments: