Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fried!

It is that time of year when everyone who resides here in the "Valley of the Sun" is complaining about the heat. I am no exception. Every year I think I am used to these desert summers throughout the months of June and July and make quippy little comments like, "oh it hasn't been too bad this year", and " I think I am finally getting used to the heat", only to be reminded by mid August that it is worse than ever, and that I will never get used to it! This hasn't been helped this week with several days of 110 plus temperatures that are predicted to last until the weekend. Yuk! We are all feeling fried here and I am having a hard time keeping my seedlings from doing the same. I have resorted to watering them three times a day to keep them going, and still they are looking droopy and sad in between. I will be amazed if they make it through to the fall, actually I will be amazed if I make it through to the fall especially in view of the fact that cool temperatures may not actually arrive until the beginning of November.

1 comment:

Tanya @ Lovely Greens said...

Wow...that heat would be so nice here! Well, maybe take down about 25 degrees ;)