Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weevil Saga Continues.....


This is what the corner of the yard looks like without my beautiful agaves which I pulled out this past weekend. I am quite surprised that it doesn't look as empty as I thought it would. I have temporarily dumped some river rock there but not to stay, just to get it out of the way.

Tex the garden dog had a very fun time out there with me "helping" by chasing everything that moved, and running around barking and generally making a pest of himself. I love having him out there with me though, it is his favorite place to be, and he is so entertaining!

I am going to leave the space for now but I think soon I will put in a couple of cactus' and towards the front some ground cover. I found several more weevils as I was clearing out the agaves and there has been a great deal of bird activity in that corner of the yard the past few days including a woodpecker so I am hoping that they are helping with the soil clean up though I am sure there are still evil weevils lurking out there ready to attack my other agaves next spring.

3 comments:

Rohrerbot said...

What pests!!! No agaves there for awhile. I like the rock...it gives the space a very mediterranean feel. Maybe some round cactus?

Mo said...

Just what I was planning Rohrerbot! :)

Bodaat said...

evil weevil, indeed! hope the birds take care of business and get those pesky bastards out.

x